JOB TITLE AND ORGANISATION
Senior Database Administrator, Magic Breakfast
Offices are located in London, during COVID-19 staff are working remotely. There is some flexibility to work remotely in this role however the post holder would need to be within regular commuting distance of London. The role will involve some travel.
£33,000 - £40,000
Sunday, 5 December 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Magic Breakfast team as we expand our efforts to reach more children at risk of hunger in the UK. In the past year we have doubled the number of schools we work with and tripled the number of children we reach each school day. We have an ambitious strategy which will continue to see all areas of the charity grow, in order to end child morning hunger for good.
The Senior Database Administrator role is a new role to support this growth and the post holder will lead on the ongoing development, maintenance, and operation of the organisation’s CRM (Salesforce) and ERP (Business Central). The Senior Database Administrator will be the main point of contact for all database queries, big or small, and support all teams across the organisation with their database development needs and training requirements.
The post holder will be a good problem solver and comfortable providing technical solutions using systems for a range of stakeholders and projects and empower all teams to organise data so it can be used effectively.
You are more than your job title.
Claim your space in WIAN's global community of women across professions, all levels of experience, and across the world's borders. Whatever stage of career you're in, you can find a home with WIAN.
Role and Responsibilities
• Build customised, useable solutions in Salesforce that support user needs, business requirements and processes
• Lead on daily administration and user support, including the logging, tracking and ultimate resolution of user support requests for Salesforce and Business Central
• Lead database backup management
• Build management information to evaluate data quality
• Build and manage data dictionary and process library ensuring all database processes are documented and up to date and communicate these to relevant stakeholders
• Devise and create system documentation, including policies and application configuration
• Provide database advice and training to other staff members, one-off and ongoing
• Proactively identify opportunities for system improvement, process automation, efficiency gains and business intelligence enhancements
• Monitor the Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics landscape and the charity sector, identifying trends to utilise • Support teams to develop and implement processes for storing data in the CRM and ERP, including data migration
• Identify and liaise with external agencies to implement new integrations where necessary and project manage these integrations
• Build and maintain dashboards for all users / teams that meet stakeholder requirements using Salesforce, Jet Reports and Power BI
• Support all users to pull reports and data from the databases
• Support on the visualisation of data for a range of purposes
• Support on qualitative and quantitative data collection
• Represent the organisation at relevant forums, events and seminars.
• Occasional work outside of regular office hours and UK travel.
• Ensure that all activity is compliant with current legislation, GDPR and child safeguarding requirements.
• Participate in occasional work-related events at external venues and perform support related activities as required.
• Work collaboratively across the organisation and provide ad-hoc support to other teams/members of staff
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience managing and operating CRM and/or ERP
• Salesforce Administrator Certification (essential) or equivalent experience
• Experience of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) (desirable)
• Experience writing systems documentation
• Experience implementing integrations on the Salesforce Org
• Experience with Jet reports, Tableau or Power Bi
• An awareness of GDPR
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to problem solve and develop innovative, technology driven solutions to complex problems • Confident communicating complex processes to a non-technical audience
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work to deadlines
• A collaborative team player with the confidence to work both self-sufficiently and across teams, proactively engaging colleagues on projects and initiatives
• Experience of building and maintain positive working relationships with a range of internal and external contacts.
• Meticulous attention to detail, especially with repetitive tasks
• Microsoft Excel excellent proficiency and advanced skills ( formal qualification or equivalent experience), good proficiency in other Microsoft Office products
• Passion and commitment to Magic Breakfast’s aim of alleviating morning hunger as a barrier to learning for children in the UK.
• Share Magic Breakfast’s commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within the workplace.
• Willing to travel within the UK occasionally for meetings and other events (Covid permitting).
• Experience of working for a charity, especially in the area of children and young people, desirable but not essential.
How to Apply
Click 'Apply Now' to visit the original announcement, full job description, website and application details. Ensure you follow the specified instructions, keeping note of the deadline and role requirements.
Alternatively, tap the second button to learn more about this organisation. Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position via WIAN.