JOB TITLE AND ORGANISATION
Senior Administrative Assistant, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
Thursday, 2 December 2021
The Senior Administrative Assistant, Legal supports Gavi’s Legal team in the delivery of legal services including the management of legal documents and information, and providing paralegal and administrative support to the Legal team.
The Legal team provides legal risk analyses, proposes effective mitigation strategies and supports the Gavi Secretariat on all legal matters. The Legal team helps develop effective and efficient structures for Gavi projects and negotiates and drafts all agreements for the Gavi Alliance and Gavi affiliated entities as appropriate including agreements with donors, Alliance partners, vendors and consultants.
The Legal team also advises the Gavi Secretariat on matters concerning operations, employment, intellectual property rights, insurance, media and public relations, conflicts of interests, privileges and immunities, policies, governance and compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including in the United Kingdom, the United States of America and Switzerland.
Against this background, the Senior Administrative Assistant, Legal is expected to effectively manage the Legal team’s documentation, budget and other information, act as a focal point for the Gavi Alliance’s and affiliated entities’ insurances and registration requirements in Switzerland and other relevant jurisdictions, assist in maintaining relationships with the authorities in Switzerland, and contribute to the overall efficient running of the team, including administrative support.
You are more than your job title.
Claim your space in WIAN's global community of women across professions, all levels of experience, and across the world's borders. Whatever stage of career you're in, you can find a home with WIAN.
Role and Responsibilities
Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the Legal team focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Providing full administrative and secretarial support for the Director and team (including preparing letters, emails and reports and diary management);
• Ensuring proper signing and filing of all legal agreements, including filing of the agreements in the Legal team contracts database, which includes all legal agreements that the Gavi Alliance and its affiliated entities enter into, and ensuring the database is up-to-date at all times;
• Managing a database of legal knowhow relating to the work of the Legal team, including filing and coordinating access for the team;
• Managing the provision of and access to knowhow tools, such as external legal research databases, as proposed by the Legal team from time to time;
• Managing all operational aspects of the insurance portfolio of the Gavi Alliance and its affiliated entities;
• Managing the Legal team’s electronic databases and intranet pages;
• Maintaining internal expenditures control system, which ensures that Purchase Requisitions and Orders are processed in SAP, all invoices are paid and expenditure claims are processed in MobileXpense in conformity with Gavi’s rules and regulations;
• Assisting in maintaining the relationship with the Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the United Nations Office and to the other international organisations in Geneva;
• Preparing correspondence and reports and draft short communiqués, including those that have legal implications;
• Performing legal research, drafting and editing of legal memoranda, correspondence and transactional documents;
• Formatting Legal team members’ Word and Power Point Presentation documents;
• Directing Legal team enquiries to the substantive focal points within the Legal team;
• Undertaking travel arrangements and managing expense claims for the Legal team members;
• Identifying possible improvements in the Legal team’s administrative systems and procedures and rigorously assessing current systems for effectiveness.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including experience in dealing with legal issues and/or paralegal practice, preferably in an international and multicultural environment;
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint);
• Financial literacy would be an advantage, including knowledge of SAP.
• Excellent organisational and coordination skills;
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, accurate work within tight deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, establish harmonious and effective working relationships in a multi‐cultural environment;
• Good knowledge of processes and procedures applicable to foundations and companies in Switzerland;
• Fast learner;
• Ability to prioritise, multitask and take initiative;
• Attention to detail;
• Good interpersonal and listening skills;
• Tact, discretion and ability to maintain strict confidence.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Working knowledge of French.
• University degree in a relevant field or at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Legal coursework desirable.
How to Apply
Click 'Apply Now' to visit the original announcement, full job description, website and application details. Ensure you follow the specified instructions, keeping note of the deadline and role requirements.
Alternatively, tap the second button to learn more about this organisation. Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position via WIAN.