JOB TITLE AND ORGANISATION
Intern, Innovative Finance, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance
Washington, DC, USA
Thursday, 9 December 2021
Fixed Term, Internship
Key Results Expected:
* Timely and high-quality research, presentation and coordination support on IF product development and IFFIm strategic initiatives;
* High quality support for planning and preparation of IFFIm events/activities;
* Timely and high-quality support for the smooth operation of IF;
* Support in financial data analyses and presentations;
* Facilitate IF knowledge management through streamlined structuring and organisation of information/documents.
You are more than your job title.
Claim your space in WIAN's global community of women across professions, all levels of experience, and across the world's borders. Whatever stage of career you're in, you can find a home with WIAN.
Role and Responsibilities
* Support Innovative Finance’s broader product development activity through research, pitch development and coordination;
* Support IFFIm’s strategic initiatives, including research, presentation preparations, and coordination;
* Support and help with preparations for other IFFIm periodic events/activities, such as:
o IFFIm Board meetings
o IFFIm Donor meetings
o IFFIm communications (website, brochure, resource guides, etc)
* Support IF team’s engagement with IFFIm stakeholders, including other teams across the Secretariat, current and prospective IFFIm donors, World Bank counterparts, etc.;
* Support development and implementation of streamlined knowledge management system
* Support IFFIm analytics including data organisation, modeling and presentation;
* Support to the COVAX Facility as needed
* Provide general operational support to the IF team;
* Additional ad hoc research, writing, presentation support as needed;
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Minimum of 1 year previous office experience.
Some familiarity with public health and/or immunisation issues
Some familiarity with financial markets or corporate finance
Strong communication skills
Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Written and spoken fluency in English is required;
* Written and spoken fluency in French is an asset, another UN language particularly French
Graduate student or undergraduate student, preferably in junior or senior year.
How to Apply
Click 'Apply Now' to visit the original announcement, full job description, website and application details. Ensure you follow the specified instructions, keeping note of the deadline and role requirements.
Alternatively, tap the second button to learn more about this organisation. Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position via WIAN.