JOB TITLE AND ORGANISATION
Finance and Operation Manager, Christian Aid
Juba, South Sudan
Friday, 3 December 2021
The role will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of CA financial and operation management with a specific remit of ensuring timely delivery of procurement and financial compliance on large institutional donor funded grants. You will have overall responsibility for maintaining accurate and update financial, admin and procurement records, financial reports, budgets, internal and external audits and providing financial and procurement related support to Christian Aid staff and partners. The role also the admin functions; providing Tier 1 HR, Tier 1 IT and acts as a key point of coordination and communication with Christian Aid in in the region and London IT.
You are more than your job title.
Claim your space in WIAN's global community of women across professions, all levels of experience, and across the world's borders. Whatever stage of career you're in, you can find a home with WIAN.
Role and Responsibilities
• Country programme finance, human resources, administration and information systems and processes managed effectively to ensure seamless operations
• Effective and efficient business operational systems in place throughout the office for managing relationships with partners and external suppliers.
• Senior Management for the country is provided with the necessary financial information to enable them to make decisions regarding strategy and plans.
• Local budgets, donor funded programmes and appeal funds are managed, reviewed regularly and corrective action taken as necessary.
• Christian Aid and donor financial and procurement policies and procedures are complied with and any issues arising from noncompliance dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
• Internal, external and donor audits are supported, and any actions dealt with.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of the audit recommendation and ensure that in collaboration with the management and program team that RISCA is up to date and recommendation fully implemented and complied to.
• Financial training needs of local Christian Aid staff are addressed.
• Compliance with Christian Aid policies, procedures and standards in the areas of HR, IT, Information Management, Administration and general operational systems.
• Tier 1 operational and IT support, including legal, office environment, managing contracts and local procurement.
• All financial returns and reconciliations are accurate and submitted for processing in a timely fashion.
• Provide HR Tier 1 support (throughout the employee life-cycle), ensure compliance with CA policies and local laws, giving guidance and support on people management in country.
• Help promote an organisational culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
You should be an IFAC qualified accountant or its equivalent with strong background knowledge of financial principles and practices; considerable experience in financial management and budgeting; management of audits and familiarity with local government regulations and procedures. You will be expected to use your understanding of all that involves, developing the skills and abilities of finance, programme and partner staff to quickly identify and resolve potential problems at the earliest stage and ensure compliance. You will have a demonstrated capacity to manage large institutional funded grants, and possess skills in procurement management, budget preparation, analysis and training, consolidated financial reporting and presentation. Experience of capacity building work of national organizations is desirable. You will support fundraising and leveraging of resources, writing well and being systematic in your approach to system and processes. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to develop cross-organisational relationships and be confident in engaging with external networks and donors.
How to Apply
Click 'Apply Now' to visit the original announcement, full job description, website and application details. Ensure you follow the specified instructions, keeping note of the deadline and role requirements.
Alternatively, tap the second button to learn more about this organisation. Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position via WIAN.