Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Australian Red Cross
Location: Melbourne or Sydney, Australia
Closing Date: 11:55pm on Sunday, 16th May 2021
Salary: You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
Contract Type: Fixed Term, maximum term position until July 2022
Working Pattern: Full Time
Sponsors international candidates? Not Stated
The principal focus of this position is to prepare general ledger reconciliations, analysis and journals for the accounting function of the Finance department. This position is also responsible for the timely preparation of information for the statutory compliance returns and the consistent application of relevant Finance Policy and Procedures across the general ledger.
Role and Responsibilities
▪ Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements (general purpose) for the Society and ensure compliance with accounting standards
▪ Apply and interpret accounting policies and standards
▪ Prepare and process monthly journals, inclusive of supporting documentation in an accurate and timely manner
▪ Prepare monthly reconciliations of various balance sheet and profit and loss accounts. Review, identify and follow up reconciling items
▪ Lead and review the preparation of the BAS and FBT returns
▪ Challenge accounting processes and procedures
▪ Identify issues in processes and procedures and propose solutions
▪ Assist in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of accounting processes and ensure continual improvement
▪ Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports
▪ Assist with responding to monthly management report queries by providing timely and accurate information
▪ Provide advice on the accounting treatment of transactions
▪ Follow the process to ensure compliance with all Red Cross policies including Workplace Health and Safety
▪ Provide assistance to non-accounting staff in the preparation of accounting data and accounting related functions as required in accordance with the Finance Policy and Procedures
▪ Answer promptly and accurately to internal and external accounting queries
▪ Be familiar and comply with Red Cross Finance Policy and Procedures, accounting standards, relevant legislation and internal policies
▪ Assist to ensure complete integrity and compliance of financial information and systems.
▪ Continually documenting and maintaining procedures
▪ Assist with driving internal accounting policies and control procedures throughout the organisation ensuring robust internal controls as in place
▪ Build and maintain effective partnerships within and outside the finance function whilst building the understanding of accounting within the organisation
▪ Engage in open, positive, respectful and constructive style of communication with all stakeholders.
▪ Ensure confidentiality and discretion as appropriate, whilst promoting transparency
▪ Collaborate effectively within a team to ensure the achievement of objectives
▪ Projects as assigned by the Finance Manager and Team Leader –Financial Accounting.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
▪ Ability to work independently with a small amount of supervision
▪ Demonstrated Finance technical skills
▪ Ability to work effectively as part of a team
▪ Self motivated and ability to meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
▪ The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and workflow in order to meet deadlines
▪ Well developed oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
▪ Experience in the development and implementation of organisational policies and contractual requirements
▪ Proven time management skills
▪ Advanced MS Office Excel and intermediate MS Office Word skills. Qualifications/Licenses
▪ Completed (or nearing completion) CA/CPA qualification or equivalent
▪ Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business/ Commerce
▪ 2-5 years of relevant experience.
Full job details and application portal on site.
More about Australian Red Cross here. Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position via WIAN.