Job Title: Programme Manager, Climate Business Network
Organisation: The World Wide Fund for
Location: Woking, United Kingdom
Closing Date: 18 May 2021
Contract Type: Not Stated
Working Pattern: Not Stated
Sponsors international candidates? Yes
Programme Manager with experience of climate business engagement or overseeing climate and business programmes to work with our corporate partners to deliver real world impact. Join us and you will work with our national offices to develop the CBN as well as coordinate the development of our Climate Positive principles. We will look to you to support the recruitment of corporate partners and assist offices with business engagement as well as work with stakeholders, including H&M and IKEA, to develop the Climate Positive definition and principles. This will include assessing projects, programmes and definitions for suitability. You will also identify information gaps and design strategies to develop necessary guidance, in addition to leading the consultation process around Climate Positive. You will plan and execute outreach activities for CBN and Climate Positive to create greater awareness and engagement too.
To join the team changing the world you will need significant experience in climate business engagement on a strategic level or have worked in an NGO with climate and business programmes. Along with a relevant qualification, you will possess up-to-date knowledge and an in-depth understanding of climate change and energy. You will have a good understanding of the business drivers and levers for climate change mitigation at the corporate level too. You will also demonstrate a track record in developing, managing and monitoring large projects or programmes.
With excellent interpersonal skills, you will be confident communicator who is effective at managing stakeholder communications and enjoys supporting colleagues. Good at prioritising, you will comfortable multi-tasking and meeting deadlines too.
Role and Responsibilities
The Programme Manager Climate Business Network time allocation will be equally split between developing the CBN via the WWF National Offices (NO’s) and coordinating the development of the Climate Positive principles.
• Coordinate the engagement and recruitment of WWF National Offices and their corporate partners into the CBN.
• Providing support to the WWF National Offices on corporate engagement.
• Continuation of the development of the Climate Positive definition and principles together with H&M, IKEA and others.
• Assess projects, programs and definitions of relevance to the development of the climate positive approach.
• Identifying information gaps and developing strategies to develop necessary guidance. • Lead the consultation process around Climate Positive.
• Plan and execute outreach activities for CBN and Climate Positive to create awareness and engagement.
• Coordinate the implementation of a Net-Zero criteria / Climate positive principles.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Significant experience in climate business engagement on a strategic level or working within non-governmental organizations with climate and business programmes
• Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of climate change and energy, and business drivers and levers for climate change mitigation at the corporate level; qualifications in the area is essential for this role
• Experience of managing and leading projects
• Experience of managing contracts and/or projects • Ideally a technical and/or business advanced university degree in a relevant discipline
• Strong communication and advocacy skills. Able to engage effectively, concisely and compellingly with a range of audiences, both in writing and in person
• Willingness and confidence to take personal ownership to see things through
• Commitment, drive and adaptability to achieve challenging goals, able to work flexibly and independently to solve problems
• Able to make quick decisions and take calculated risks
• Excellent command of English; other languages are an asset
• Commitment to, and passion for, the mission of WWF
Full job details and application portal on site.
More about The World Wide Fund for Nature here. Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position via WIAN.