Women, Tech and the Global Good
Hosted by WIAN, in partnership with IBM and SEIDEA
ABOUT THE EVENT
Technology has become a crucial ally in international development and provides an opportunity for global development professionals to maximise their impact. Tech platforms can help tracking and analysing funding for the SDGs, with blockchain technology revolutionising the impact investing sector by converting non-financial value such as impact into digital tokens that can be tracked. Technological and innovative approaches to M&E, such as human centred design and real-time M&E can help to enhance the system efficiency and accuracy of programme evaluations.
• Ivana Bartoletti, Director, Privacy and Digital Ethics at Deloitte
• Atsuko Okuda, Regional Director, UN Telecommunications Agency
• Meredith Baker, Country Director, DRC (Mobile Engagement) Viamo
• Antonia Douglas, Cybersecurity Lead at International Airlines Group and Head of Operations, Seidea
• Phila Phungula, Developer and Scrum Master at IBM South Africa
• Shari Chiara, Chief Operations Officer and Programme Director at IBM
• Melissa Sissi, Global Head of IBM Accelerator Programme
• John Matogo, Global University Programme Lead, IBM Africa
• Quito Tsui, Research Assistant, The Engine Room
• Sbussiso Nkhombhe, Cloud Engineer, IBM
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The event will combine a series of career panels with senior women professionals working in development and innovation, who are passionate about making the world a better place through technology, and interactive workshops on a number of relevant tech and development issues, such as digital human rights, and human centred design. The event will also explore how careers in
You'll learn how careers in technology and innovation are linked to global development and are essential for achieving the SDGs. You'll network with prospective employers, as well our community of aspiring female development professionals. You'll also have the opportunity to enter our raffle, with winners getting a one-to-one follow-up career session with a selected speaker from the UN, Deloitte, IBM, Seidea and the Engine Room.
WHAT TO PREPARE
Just bring yourself and your questions! You will have time to ask any of your career questions, advice on personal and professional development, or simply learn more from the personal experiences and career journey of experienced women in tech and development.